Is there a way to remove Buckthorn?

Yes, the Public Works Department has a tool called "The Extractigator" available to residents to aid them in removal of buckthorn up to 1 inch in diameter.  These tools are available for up to a one week period.  A $50 check or cash deposit, plus proof of residency is required.  

Please call city office to verify availability at 651-766-4029.

If you are signed up for the curbside yard waste service at your home, buckthorn may be disposed of with your weekly pickup.  If not, it can be taken to any Ramsey County site that accepts brush.  To locate a site nearest to you, click the link to Ramsey County for additional information on yard waste recycling.    


Show All Answers

1. Is my road maintained by the City or Ramsey County?
2. When are the road restrictions in effect?
3. Is there a way to remove Buckthorn?
4. How do I apply for a parking permit in a "no parking" area?
5. Am I allowed to park on the street overnight?
6. How do I report a street light outage?
7. May I have a block party?
8. What is Little Canada's snow emergency parking policy?
9. When will my street be plowed?
10. My mailbox was knocked over by a snow plow. What should I do?
11. My water looks discolored. Is it safe to drink? What are the effects of hydrant flushing?
12. When will my street be swept?
13. Who do I call to report a sewer back-up?
14. Who provides cable television service to Little Canada?
15. Who provides gas and electricity services to Little Canada?